I love a cold soup, on a warm day. With seasonal produce in abundance, it's easy to get flavour without a lot of seasoning; I made this soup with fresh herbs from the garden and found some nice late spring, local asparagus. I served with Terra Breads Bianca pizza bread and homemade herbed butter - it was the perfect pairing.
Late Spring Asparagus Soup with Herbs
- 1 lb local asparagus, chopped
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 Shallot
- 1 lemon
- half bunch each of dill, chives, mint, chopped finely
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, fat only
- 2 C vegetable stock
- 1/4 C tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the garlic + shallot in olive oil until fragrant, add in chopped asparagus, and vegetable broth, let simmer until soft.
- Add in herbs and let simmer about 5 minutes, carefully not to burn the herbs.
- In a powerful blender or food processor, add the the stock and fat from the juice of lemon, coconut milk + tahini, pulse until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer back to pot if you want it warm or enjoy cold.
Panzanella Salad with Halloumi
- Half loaf of Terra Breads Ciabatta, dried out overnight
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (or whatever is on hand!)
- 1 Pkg Halloumi cheese
- Fresh dill + Basil
- Olive oil + Maldon salt
- Chop bread into cubes and lay on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil + salt, bake until crispy + golden.
- Cut tomatoes lengthwise.
- Dice Halloumi and fry in pan until golden.
- In a large bowl, toss the bread, tomatoes and Halloumi with olive oil + salt, let sit for about 10 minutes to bring out juices of tomatoes for more flavour, add fresh herbs and serve!